Membership fees and generous donations to PRAS allow us to support many different initiatives in our service area. These projects are certainly making a difference to our communities, the environment, and bird life.
Your donations at work...Grant Awards for Spring 2017
Buchanan Co. for a winter duck and raptor building-$1,000
Buchanan Co. for an egg display-$500
Butler Co. for phase 1 of a sod house-$1,000 (actual cost is $1,093)
Bremer Co. for 40 bluebird houses along Sweetwater Trail-$500
Black Hawk Co. for a nest cam exhibit-$500Total funds awarded for projects equal $3,593.00
Grant Awards for Spring 2016
Thanks to your generosity, the 2015 Bird-A-Thon broke records with over $7000 raised. The PRAS Board recently awarded grants to the following projects, putting your donations to good use. All of the counties in our PRAS service area had organizations that received funding this year. A total of $5650 was awarded; congratulations to those who received grants!
- Bremer County Conservation Board - Canoe trailer - $500 -- See more details here.
PRAS funds contributed in the completion of a new canoe trailer for Bremer County.
- Grundy County Conservation Board- Prairie cross-section exhibit - $1000
- Black Hawk County - Hartman Reserve - 10 binoculars - $500 See report & photo.
|Buchanan County Conservation Board- Buckets for Butterflies|
- Buchanan County Conservation Board - $500 for eagle carrier & funds for the "Buckets for Butterflies" project See report and photos.
- Butler County Conservation Board - 20 binoculars - $650 See report.
- Waterloo Center for the Arts - Nature camp for youth - $500
- Sustainable Independence - PRAS purchased one solar panel - $1,000